Events and news in our backyard.
Keep up to date with stories going on in our world.
• The Hellertown Area Ministerium’s (HAM) contact at the school district alerted us of a need for school supplies. As such, HAM has invited all local churches to help equip our students for the upcoming school year.
• We will be constructing 75 pencil boxes full of supplies and each church has been assigned 2 items to gather. Our items are "Post-It Notes & Markers. A sign-up sheet and donation box are in Fellowship Hall. Let'smake sure all our students have the supplies they need to succeed!
September 11th Poetry Needed
• HAM has been asked to host a Community Worship Service as part of the 15th Anniversary events taking place on
• Sunday, September 11th, 2016 at the Saucon Valley Stadium.
• All 7th - 12th graders are invited to write poetry in honor of first responders and September 11th.
• A poem will be selected and the author will be invited to read their poem as part of the Worship Service at 1 PM.
• Submissions are due by August 1st and can be submitted at the Hellertown Library or to Pastor Rick.
• New Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran Church housed the ministerium's Food Bank, serving families in the Lower Saucon School District.
• Several boxes are available to accept your donation of non-perishable food items in Fellowship Hall.
• Please continue to pray for the success of this mission in our community.
• A ministry of Wesley UMC, Bethlehem, their mission is to reach out a helping hand to the needy.
• The Depot receives and donates furniture and other useful goods to families. They also put together various kits for the United Methodist Committee of Relief (UMCOR), which responds to natural disasters across our nation and world.
• If you would like to donate items or your time they'd love to have your help. Their phone number is 610-861-7373, and their hours are Tuesdays and Saturdays 9 AM to 3 PM.